Roasted Green Beans
1 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put green beans in a bowl with enough olive oil to lightly coat. Add 1/4 tsp salt & pepper. Toss.
- Spread green beans in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning/moving them in the pan every 10 minutes. The green beans will be done when they begin to look caramelized (brown-ish color). You want them to be a bit crispy.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
1/2 cup mayonnaise (Hellmann's is my go-to)
1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce*
1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Mix ingredients. You can let the flavors meld in the fridge for a bit if you are feeling smug and/or are waiting on your green beans.
*For a low FODMAP alternative, try Tabasco sauce - I love the green jalapeno pepper sauce. However, since Sriracha has garlic but no onions, I find it doesn't bother my system too much.