Here are some of the things that Husband and I currently do with Bella:
- Read books about 3 times a day (maybe 10-15 board books a day?)
- Play with her toys, both independently and together
- "Sensory Walk" around the house - the window feels cold, the cat feels soft, the cinnamon smells spicy, etc.
- Baby exercises - 20 minutes in her jumperoo, stretches, Baby Yoga (haven't gone in a while due to the crawling classes not working with our schedule), will sign up for swimming class that starts in March
- Sing songs - Itsy, Bitsy Spider, Row Your Boat, etc.
- Dance to music (check out the toddler station on Pandora.com)
- Practice crawling, assisted standing, assisted walking
- Leave the house almost daily (Library, Grocery store, Target, Conservatory, etc.)
- Hang out in front of the mirrored closet doors admiring the pretty baby we see
- Chill out and snuggle
- Be silly - throwing her pants up in the air is a special favorite, make faces, funny noises, etc.
- Observe Mama Time - Bella chills in the Ergo carrier while I cook and clean
Now won't you be a lovely and post something in the comments about what you do with your baby during playtime? Or what your baby does at daycare? It's for the good of the future. Think of the children!