Monday, December 20, 2010

Bumpdate: 12 Weeks

Due Date: July 2, 2011. 28 weeks to go!

Weight Gain: No change in the past few weeks and still down a few lbs. Ambitious candy/cookies/dessert-eating started this week so weight gain will begin in 5, 4, 3, 2, NOW!

Symptoms:
The morning sickness has mellowed to the point where all those traditional remedies actually help (but I won't touch ginger with a 10-foot pole since it reminds me of being super nauseous). Still not done puking, though. Another epic event yesterday of heavy-duty dry heaving that culminated with peeing myself (am I alone in this? anyone else a pee-when-puking-preggy?). There's the other usual symptoms - fatigue, the ability to smell EVERYTHING, and being oh-so-emotional about really dumb things (uh...Nicole Richie & Joel Madden's wedding pictures causing tears? RE-HE-HE-HEALLY?)

What's different this time: Sleeping on my stomach and back is already getting uncomfortable, which is weeks earlier than last time. Stomach because of the old uterus and back because I can't breathe normally.

Cravings: Coke Zero. Mostly for the bad-ass thrill, I think.

Aversions: Keeps getting better. I'm forcing down veggies pretty regularly, but they all taste like old, dead leaves. Which....I suppose lettuce-in-a-bag actually is.

Sleep: Not as great this week due to some wake-ups from Bella and I've also been going to bed later at 10-10:30 pm (we were devouring Mad Men Season 4), which means I don't get more than 7 hours. Not enough for me.

I am loving: Christmas almost being here.

I miss: Cooking & being a foodie.

I am looking forward to: Getting into the actual bump stage so I don't feel so awkward in my clothes (regular clothes are fitting weird and my maternity clothes are way too big since I weighed more last time). I could pick up some maternity clothes in a smaller size, but since those would only fit for a few weeks I don't know if it makes sense. And the Bella band does not work when you are up and down off the floor with a toddler all day long. Meh. Feel kind of ugs.

I'm spazzing about: Not getting the NT scan this week. I had to cancel because Bella is sick and I don't want to be spreading her germs to a baby-sitter (plus Husband could not cancel a work meeting in order to be with her). I had mixed feelings about getting the scan in the first place and only went for it for the ultrasound, which isn't really appropriate. However, the midwife oddly encouraged it - probably because they don't do more than the one ultrasound during your whole pregnancy at my clinic. Anyway, I now have to wait until February to see the baby, but I'll get to hear the heartbeat on doppler later next week. I'm just a little sad not to get that reassuring confirmation of seeing the baby.

Best moment this week: Watching a whole season of Mad Men.

Milestones: I'm at 12 weeks! Almost to the safe(r) zone and a land free of dry heaving.

Movement: I continue to feel something and I'm just going to go ahead and call it movement...except I'm not sure.

It's a...: Baby! I'll let you know in Feb.

Exercise: One prenatal yoga class and that's it. Sigh. I'm frustrated with myself & my lack of energy, which is probably partially related to NOT exercising. I was afraid of this happening. I was exercising very regularly prior to getting pregnant, including running a few times a week. But morning sickness and fatigue got in the way and now that the sun goes down at 4:30, I've lost my mojo. The only practical time for exercise is Bella's naptime, and I find myself napping/relaxing during that time these days. Can't decide if I should cut myself a break for another couple weeks or buck up and get disciplined about exercising during naptime. Any ideas for me?

Diet: A lot better, but room for improvement. Chances are that as all the veggies get re-introduced, so will all the sweets. C'est la vie!

Goals for the upcoming week: Exercise 3 times for at least 30 minutes. And actually DO IT.

Belly Shot:

5 comments:

  1. Regarding the working out, I was pretty much an exercise dud until about 13-14 weeks, and then my energy came back and I got back into it. I would just cut yourself some slack--you will enjoy it again and feel up to it soon. Sleep is too precious to skip! And you are still pretty active with a toddler anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that the morning sickness seems to be easing up on you (knock on wood). I just cant imagine what that is like, nor do I want to. Mine is starting to get worse unfortunately so I keep having nightmares that it gets worse till the baby is born. Hopefully you can get your exercising in this week, at least a little, but you are chasing a toddler around, and for me that would be plenty enough exercise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe you're already almost in the second trimester! Wahoo! You look great, and I am so excited to see you all become a family of four. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally had a veggie aversion in the beginning too, which is weird because I usually love them. I was so sad to miss out on a lot of our garden produce...

    I used that bella band a lot too, and it does get to be a hassle.

    BUT, I got the best leggings EVER at motherhood maternity last week. I want to wear them constantly, they do have the belly panel, but it's SO lightweight, others I've tried have felt too tight. They're the basic M.M. brand, $20, the sales girl recommended them. Absolutely perfect fabric, could wear out with a dress, or just with a long sweater and winter boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omygosh, life is starting to get good again when dessert rules your brainwaves. yes!

    okay you're TOTES starting to get a bump now. you look great!!

    ReplyDelete