I will be doing my quarterly Day in the Life post next week - or the first week of October to be specific. If anyone else wants to play along, all you need to do is pick one day to document between October 1-7. You will take photos throughout the day and then type up a post about your day and let me know the link. Basically the point is to have a record of what life is like right now. A snapshot in time, if you will. (And you will!) I will put together a round-up post with links to all of the Day in the Life posts so we can stalk each other.
We'll have so much fun and we all get to be life-long friends!
[Did I ever tell you that I was a Pink Lady in my high school's production of Grease? Except I was mostly there for filler and the dance scenes and didn't get to talk? My friend Lindsey was also in the mute-dancer-Pink-Lady position and we just kind of bopped around and nodded a lot with big smiles during the cafeteria scenes and ate approx 4 Little Debbie snacks each performance because we were supposed to be eating lunch and - hey - there was nothing else we needed to be doing since we didn't have lines. Totally worth how tight our costumes got by the end of the run. Because Little Debbie is Big Delicious.]
Specific Rules/Guidelines/Suggestions/Whatevs (See how I cleverly worded that appeal to a range of personalities from fellow Type-As to laid-back surfer types?)
- Pick a day between Saturday, October 1 - Friday October, 7 and take pictures all the live-long day. You might want to keep notes of what goes down so you don't forget later on when typing up the post. I often will take pictures that I know I won't use, but will serve as a reminder of what was happening.
- Make sure to include pictures of YOU during the day, even if that means mirror self-portraits (turn the flash off!) or using that good old timer. And don't forget to include pictures of the mundane - your make-up on the bathroom counter, the messy office desk, your lunch, what you bought at Target, a note your spouse scribbled for you. That's part of what makes it so interesting.
- It's up to you how detail-oriented you want to be. I go detailed, but there is no need for you to do the same. (High-five to the laid-back surfer types!)
- You need not have a baby on your hip to play along. I actually prefer it to be a mix of people in all different sorts of lives.
- You will need to have your Day in the Life post published on your blog by Sunday, October 9 and you need to email me when you are finished: email@example.com I will publish the round-up post on Tuesday, October 10.
And one of the round-up posts (Spring 2011 was mysteriously destroyed by Big Blogger):