Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Fitness: Day 30

I did it!

I did it! I did it!

YEAH!

To the map! BACKPACK, BACKPACK! Where are we going? *clap, clap, clap*

True story: One of Oliver's first words is Dora, despite having never seen an actual episode.

On my very last day of the challenge I left it to last minute which meant I maybe had to do it after I had a glass of wine since I forgot about it. But it was a quick Crossfit Mama workout - another intense 5-min one - so I snuck it in. (Don't recommend the wine first, whoa. Am feeling woozy.) I  can't decide if am okay with 5-minute super intense workouts counting for a full day's exercise or not...but obviously if it means I'm doing it then it's better than nothing. And I can tell I've been building up some muscle since starting to do the Crossfit Mama workouts 2-3 times a week so it's working.

I also got a fair bit of walking in with Oliver attached to me today first at IKEA and later at a Christmas event in town.

Tomorrow I'll sum up my thoughts on this challenge. But for now, it's FRIDAY! There is Step Up: Revolution to be watched (Husband yet to be told of these plans) and lazy couch time to be had.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on finishing! I've been looking for something to do after finishing a P90x round, but I don't really have the time to do another round (it takes 1hr+ everyday) or the money to do Crossfit, so thanks for pointing me in the Crossfit Mama direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to comment on how much I enjoy your blog and reading about your recent 30-day challenge. I feel like we often get caught up in a rigid routine of only allowing a certain activity or distance qualify as exercise (like, 'if i don't run at least 2 miles, I didn't really work out etc...) -- sometimes we just need to remember that those rigid guidelines aren't what's important. For example, if you work out dancing around to kid songs with your daughter, not only does that count as cardio, but its probably one of the healthiest and happiest things you can do for your mentality and your emotional health-- not to mention great for your sweet little girl. I feel like I need to remember this more often and through reading your updates I've remembered that exercise and physical health can be pursued in so many ways and through a multitude of activities. Thanks for being so honest and always so open!!

    ReplyDelete